Wednesday, August 25, 2021

It Stops me Dead in my Tracks!

 Day 21 -- August 19, 2021

It is 52 degrees this morning, a degree warmer than yesterday and we have a promise of 73 for a high -- very pleasant, and partly cloudy throughout the day.  We start off with a very dark cloud over the shadowed mountain, but the sun is beginning to peek above it.








Walking down toward the marina, I see a sign inviting one to catch and keep Northern Pike.  I am told they are very bony and the Game Warden would like all of them removed from Eagle Nest Lake.









The floating docks are still lifted, preventing any boats from launching, but I see a fisherman casting from the bank.  I hope the catches lots of pike, as well as some fish that are better for his dinner.









I discover more of the Visitor Center to explore and note they have a large area for groups to congregate for dinner and entertainment.  In winter the fireplace will be very much appreciated.









Rounding the curve to go back to the main sidewalk, I stop dead in my tracks.  Yikes!  A snake, albeit a small one, but nevertheless it is a snake.  While stopped, I am brave enough to take a photo to text Herb.  He tells me it looks friendly.

Really, now!  It's a snake, Herb!   I step off the sidewalk to get a better look.  It doesn't follow me.  Perhaps he just wants to be left alone to continue his walk -- uh slither.



Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown

   and of Walldog and Willie

   August 19, 2021


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Tell Herb no snake looks friendly! Glad you spotted him.

    ReplyDelete