Thursday, August 26, 2021

"A Horse of a Different Color"

 Day 23 -- August 21, 2021

Yes, the temperature is dropping lower again today, but we are predicted clear skies, so perhaps it will warm up a bit.

On our last day at Angel Nest RV Retreat, we drive into town in search of a restaurant that we have not been to, and choose The Lucky Shoe Bar and Grill because of the interesting menu.

We are invited to choose a table and we find one that is socially distanced from others on one side of the room.  The first one we saw is actually at the bar where a patron goes to the cash register to pay.  We will wait for our waiter to take care of our bill for us.

Sports bars are always fun places to dine because of all the interesting decor, but I can't be sure what game we are watching -- maybe golf?








Our waitress asks us what we would like to drink and Herb tells her to bring us water and a menu for what she has on draft.  There are so many beers to choose from, but Herb selects La Cumbre, 7.2 ABV, which is Elevated IPA, Aromas of Pine and Tropical Fruit  - "Get Elevated."     My choice is a Rose-Apple Hard Cider, quite yummy.

The front door of the restaurant is open and shows a flag standing straight out, resulting from a strong breeze.  Do we have a cool front coming in?  I think it has been cool enough for me....









Coconut shrimp is my choice for lunch, and I am sorry about photographing my food, but I didn't think to say "No Gravy" on the mashed potatoes because I thought the addition of gravy was just a Southern dish!  Argh!

Herb helps me scrape some off.  He loves gravy!








At the end of the room is a table and chairs for playing cards, and a pool table.  I smile at the other decor, especially the cowboy horse painted bold colors of blue, pink, orange, green and fucia, and wearing his cowboy hat.  It is quiet there, but I suspect the dinner crowd will liven things up in the game room.


Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown

   and of Walldog and Willie

   August 21, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment