Saturday, June 22, 2013

What we Didn't Bargain For -- edited for May 14, 2013

I mentioned in an earlier post for May 14 that we got more than our money's worth.  

One morning at the Mini Cruise at Fishermen's Terminal Herb woke to say his heel hurt and asked me to take a look.  The magnifying glass showed a wicked looking thorn that had been taking a ride with him for several days.  

No problem, I'll just get my tweezers and quickly remove it, so we can be on our way with walking Jake.

This doesn't happen!

I do not find my tweezers where they should be, so I look where they might be.  Then I look high and low and all around -- no tweezers.

Panic sets in and at 7A I walk to Nellie Too, hoping someone is awake.  Fortunately, they are, and Nita hands me her tweezers.

Soon the thorn is history, but Herb says, "I still feel something in my heel."  With the magnifying glass I see a gazillion tiny cactus needles, and many minutes later we reduce that number to zero, and we are on our way!

Sandals and cactus do not mix.

No photos here, as the camera man was busy.


Willie of Willie's Tug,
     and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
     Edited for May 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment