Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Shoe and I -- Monday, May 29, 2017

When I mention to Vicki that I really need to buy some shoes, she tells me about the Nike store in Seattle; says they are very helpful and patient.  Daughter Patrice, who is a runner,  had suggested I go to a store for running shoes, tell them I don't run, but walk, and they could fit me with the proper shoe.

So away we go, walking, to the Nike store, where the helpful young salesman patiently shows me several pairs of shoes.  He convinces me that this running shoe is the best support for my foot even while walking, and I choose a blue one.

As I pay for it, I have the horrible feeling that I already have a blue pair.  Yikes!  Herb says, "Never fear; this is the color I like."  I always try to please him.

I text a photo to Vicki to show how successful I am.























I also text it to Patrice for 'approval,' and tell her I bought a running shoe.  She asks how it feels.  Feels good!  May I take this opportunity to brag that she ran a 5K in April on the Boston Marathon track.  She did well in the race!  Below is the photo she sent of her medal.

Unlike Westlake Avenue, we walk some serious hills in the downtown area and I really like the angle of this street.











Tourists that we are, Pike Place market seems to call to us.  Years ago we said we would never go again on a weekend, because it is too crowded.  So today, Memorial Day, I hope we have not made a mistake.  Turns out, all good, and we find a Filipino restaurant with awesome food.   Our choice is chicken with pancit. We are too busy with lunch and visiting with one of the employees to take many photos.  This one catches my eye.


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Monday, May 29, 2017

   


No comments:

Post a Comment