Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Friendship on the Full Moon -- Friday, June 9, 2017

We wake early in the morning before the sun has a chance to show its face, but has already cast a pretty hue on the trees lining the shoreside hill, turning them into leaves of gold.  Several anchored sailboats sit on water which is smooth as glass, the smoothness causing a totem reflection for my photo.














In the sweet little town of Poulsbo there is so much to see and to do.  The marina is near downtown, allowing us to walk among the many shops selling art, books, kitchen items, jewelry, baked goods, and more tempting would be purchases.  There is a small grocery, as well, but a larger fantastic store, Central Market, is 1.2 miles from the marina.

The marina office tells us there is a bus leaving the parking lot several times a day, or we can catch a cab to the market.  Hmmm...we can also go by foot.  We love to walk!

Actually, we may walk to the market more than once a day.  On one trip, we take a different route for new scenery and pass this cemetery beside a church. We think of my sister, Meryl, who is interested in genealogy and would be all over this hill checking the headstones.  The church steeple is seen in the background.













Continuing on our trek, I recite the verse from The Little Engine that Could, "I -- think -- I -- can, I -- think -- I -- can."   Slowly I make my way up this steep hill and stop to take a photo of the horizon, where Herb is waiting for me on the right side of the sidewalk.    I do make it up, and now say, "I thought I could, I thought I could."   It is just as steep on the downhill side.   This is great exercise and comes with awesome scenery that we would miss if we were taking a cab or bus. 




Flower photo of the day, part of the awesome scenery....















In the evening Bruce shows us dinner being grilled, and sends the aroma over to let us know the food is almost ready.

Vicki is in the galley of MoonShadow preparing awesome side dishes.

















With the sun still high in the sky in early evening, we notice  as we look toward the shore that we now have the Full Moon, seen peeking through a slit in the various shades of gray and black clouds.
  

















Sunset will be just a little after 9P, so Herb and I take another stroll into the touristy downtown and get one last look at the Green Light Diner, where we had lunch yesterday.




After returning to Willie's Tug, there is still time to visit with the neighbors.  Docked next to Folie A Deux is another boat just like her, and the ladies aboard each boat appear to be sisters or even twins.  When asked, they laugh and say, "No, not twins, not even sisters, but have been best friends for all their life."  What a coincidence.  We toast good friendship!



Find Willie's Tug in Poulsbo for the second evening....



Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Friday, June 9, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment