Monday, June 26, 2017

Charlie and Lizzy -- Saturday, June 24, 2017

Today we must leave Jones Island, and I am so hoping I will get a chance to see the darling black dogs play on the beach again, and can get a photo this time. When I see their dinghy approach the dock, I grab the leash of the little one, Lizzy, until owner David can get tied off and get the older one, Charlie, onto the dock.  I tell David how much I enjoy them and ask if they will go to the beach today.

He says he will make a point to after their walk up the hill.  As a matter of fact, it would be a good idea to let them play until they are tired, so they will rest when Lalique sails to another destination later this morning.

Timing is perfect.  I find a great spot on the dock ramp to shoot the photos. 

Campers have pitched their tents at the edge of the beach and a couple of their dogs run off leash.  Charlie and Lizzie give them space and wait their turn.














On the beach Now, Charlie and Lizzy get a bit of exercise, but are soon joined by the camping dogs.  Not being interested, they turn to play only with each other.











The yellow dogs’ seeing their chance, do sneak back onto the beach, hoping to play. Charlie sees them and turns to join in the play, but the yellow dogs get afraid and run back to the camp site.


The young people camping enjoy the show, and laugh at their dogs' retreat.

Charlie:  Yellow dogs, it is our turn on the beach now, but we are very friendly animals and will play with you if you want.  



















Jeannie:  Look, David, they are kissing.  How sweet!



















Lizzy:  Charlie, what did you find?  You stopped so suddenly that my front arms dug in, and I am doing a backwards wheelie!




















Lizzy:  I’m running as fast as I can and I almost caught you!


Charlie:  Come on, little one, I will lead and go fast.  You follow me!



Lizzy:  I can’t keep up, Charlie; maybe I should lie down and they will take us to the sailboat.















After the play (performance for my enjoyment – and camera), David and Jeannie bring the boys to say So Long for now, and we get one more chance to pet them.

(On edit:  The lovely canines are Barbet, French Waterdogs, and a mix.  They have the same mother, and the father is Barbet.)

Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Saturday, June 24, 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment