Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Africa in Anacortes??? -- Saturday, June 17, 2017

Where am I?  If I didn't know better, I would say I am in Africa, seeing the giraffes as I walk from our slip in Cap Sante to the Farmers' Market.  But these giraffes have lost their spots. 

There are many things I like about Anacortes, the murals, the paper doll signs around town and marina, but these animals are a new creation since I was here two years ago.  I'm sure the sculptors have given them names, but I will say they are Mom and Baby.  Upon close examination, well even taking a look from a distance, I see they are made of driftwood, so they won't be eating many of the leaves on these evergreen trees, which line the path to the Saturday Market.


Tym had reminded us of the awesome Croatian food being served for lunch at their building on Commercial Avenue, and recommends #2 on the menu.  We agree it looks the best -- sausage covered with a grilled onion sauce, served on a bun.  Yum!  No food photos.

On our way back to Cap Sante, we visit all the vendors, looking to see if there is anything we really need.  Well, yes; I find some pearl earrings and I am sure I will find a use for them.   Herb finds chipotle flavored goat cheese; it is very tasty but too much fire for me.  He's probably glad to have it all for himself.

Fresh produce, fresh cut flowers just waiting to become a bouquet made to order, and a food court.

Back to the marina office, we visit with harbormaster Kate and staff to thank them for finding us space on F Dock, after our maximum stay on the reciprocal dock.  We plan to head north tomorrow, but look forward to our return here, one of our 'homes.'

Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Saturday, June 17, 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment