Friday, May 2, 2014

Sweet Caroline Gets a New Hose -- 4/16/2014

As soon as we return to Port Isabel from meeting the new Willie's Tug, R-31, we start packing for our summer vacation in the PNW.  One day I get 77 FitBit floors by not using the elevator, but taking one load after another from the house to Sweet Caroline.  I don't think she will get off the ground -- there is nothing left in the house.

This morning we leave at 5:15A, hoping to get through Houston at 'slack'.  We almost forget Jake, as he is calmly sitting in the driveway watching us climb aboard.  Is he thinking, "My Daddy will never leave me here."  Or is he thinking, "If I am very still and quiet, they will not miss me and I can stay with Aunt Myrna.  She will feed me treats and Aunt Betty will invite me into her house to eat their Golden Tusker's home-cooked chicken and rice."

(Too dark for a photo now.)

We interrupt his thoughts and call him aboard.

We make inbound rush hour traffic in Houston just fine, and get all the way to Splendora when Herb sees that the motor home's coolant level is low.  He pulls into a truck stop, crawls under the vehicle to find the problem.  Yep, a broken hose.  He searches for service.  

Amazing!  Randy's Diesel Service drives by and we wave to him.













Within the hour Randy has the heater hose we need and a supply of coolant.




Thank goodness for "they have people who do this" and we are on the road again.


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Wednesday, April 16, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment