Sunday, June 10, 2012

...........fix it.

Dale arrives early this morning to continue the replacement of the oil line in Willie's Tug's engine.  


He shows us his special tool, a favorite in his tool box -- a wire coat hanger!


Dale


And this is how it works:


Dale glues a washer to the coat hanger and places it against the block, so he can stab it with the bolt.  














Coat hanger and washer






As they work, I hear, "a little more to the right -- no back to me a bit -- oops!  too far.  OK, perfect! Now stab it!"


I am a little nervous with all this dialog, but I realize they know what they are doing, and for that, I am glad!



Success!  Here is the finished product.

It is a happy time to see Dale buttoning up the engine with a thousand little bolts that he holds in his hand.  Willie's Tug will head out Guemes Channel tomorrow!


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Friday, June 8, 2012
   

No comments:

Post a Comment