Thursday, August 11, 2022

The Barge Outruns Me

 Day 19 - Tuesday, August 2, 2022 -- Part I

Daisy Barn Campground, Wilson NY


Daisy Barn Campground is quite an interesting and lovely place for Sweet Georgia Brown to rest a couple of days.  This morning's early temperature is a pleasant 70 degrees and it is quite windy.   Mostly cloudy, and there is a hink of pink peeking over the darkest cloud at the right of the RV across the driveway in front of us.   Their flags are waving wildly, showing just how windy it is. 

Flags at the gazebo stand straight out.  Forest green quaking aspen are seen in the distance, and the leaves are really quaking.









The park is quite large, with plenty of pasture area, so we go exploring.  Lake Ontario to the northwest creates a scenic view that I like, and the wind wants to take away my jacket that I wear because of the wind chill.  Yikes -- the wind lifts an edge of my hat that I have tied under my chin.









Walking past an amphitheater, we can hear the waves crashing against the rocks and boulders, and see the Canada geese down at the bottom of the steep hill.  Small boats are sailing near to the shore.








Herb finds a boardwalk and calls to me that there are barges heading north.  I run to the motorhome to get my Nikon for a zoom, but when I return, they are too far away to get a good photo.  Yep, they cruise pretty fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment