Friday, August 12, 2022

Soda and a Windmill

Day 19 - Tuesday, August 2, 2022 -- Part II

Daisy Barn Campground, Wilson NY


A beautiful sunny day with the temperature seeming to be stuck in the mid to lower 60s, and with a couple of layers, it is pleasant to get one last look at Daisy Barn Campground before we go farther up East.

The laundry room is shown below, and when I pass by, I hear music playing.  Quite an upscale from campground laundries I have seen before.








Sites are well maintained, and I assume that people either live here or have a permanent vacation home, leaving the RV here.  (If they live here, I call them 'live aboards,' as we did when boating in the Pacific Northwest.).  The tent at this one houses their toys, among them are bicycles and cookout equipment.











This is the first fire plug I have seen in a campground, and the speed limit of 5 mph is enforced with a well placed speed bump.









Our walk takes us from a wide asphault drive to a more narrow hard packed gravel, which is still easy to walk on.  It looks like the 'live aboard' sites have the asphault.










Small boats are seen on Lake Ontario.  

A sign advertising the items for sale in the camp store shows 'Soda.'   Now if this little Southern girl had not said, "Coke," she would have said, "Soft Drink."  They must know my weakness, because the 'Ice Cream' is written in red letters.  I decline.  

Aha!  I get it.  We hear so much about lake effect snow in the winter, and now we laugh about lake effect wind.  Daisy Barn promotes the wind, with their signage at the entrance to the campground -- a windmill.



Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown,

   and of Walldog and Willie

   Wednesday, August 3, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment