Thursday, August 18, 2022

Lobster, Haddock -- It's All About Food and Family!

Day 23  - Saturday, August 6, 2022

Duval's RV Park, Wells ME


Our first walk about in the Wells area is actually Herb's walk.  He texts photos to me, and I wonder why in the world he takes a picture of a fire plug.  His explanation is that it is actually about the snow stick behind and a little to the right of it.  Apparently, snow gets very high, possibly partly being piled higher by the snowplows.  I had to look closely to see the stick, alternately colored red and white.











He has walked out of the RV park to the main highway, Hwy 1, and a couple of blocks to Eldridge Street, which takes him to the beach.  I get so jealous when I see the seawall, and wonder if I can catch up with him.

Notice the protected walking path between where the cars park and the curb of the seawall.















At the point where he turns to come back to the park, he sends this one, which shows a table and chairs at the end of someone's walking path.  I think this may be a nice place for their Happy Hour.




We have been waiting for this day, because Patrice and Neel are coming for the weekend.  I ask Paula for a restaurant recommendation and she quickly suggests Billy's Chowder House not far from the RV Park, so we go there for lunch.

Our waitress brings the drink menu which has interesting names for the beer.  Herb, Patrice and Neel choose the Lone Pine Tiny Tess Session IPA, while I can't pass up the UFO Maine Blueberry Ale.










I can't get my Untapped account to work, but the others 'check in' and tag our son-in-law Ed Woodward.  (Make a note, Willie, to set up your account.)












I have never seen a beer with fruit in it -- this draft beer contains real Maine blueberries, and wouldn't you know that I wear white jeans today and one little berry falls from the glass and makes a blue stain!













But the whole reason for being here is for the food!  We order the Lobster Rolls, Haddock Chowder, as well as Lobster Dinner.









Neel suggests Nikanos Mediterranean Bar and Grille in nearby Ogunquit for dinner.  Although it is billed as Greek, it is very different from Greek food I have had in the past, and I love it.   Yiayia's Roasted Lemon Chicken, served with roasted lemon potatoes, escarole, and lemon-tahini is my choice.











We take photos of each other, and Patrice and I find something very funny. 













We did calm down when dinner was served, and we enjoyed the band consisting of an electric keyboard, tenor saxophone, upright bass, and a drum set.


Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown,

   and of Walldog and Willie

   Saturday, August 6, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment