Tuesday, August 16, 2022

I Didn't See the Beavers!

 Day 20 - Wednesday, August 3, 2022 - Part II

Spruce Creek Campground, Salisbury NY


Spruce Creek entrance sign - 








Tonight's lodging is discounted for us because of our Escapees membership, so we pay only $21.  However, as we drive into the campground area, I wonder if it is worth $21.  All I see is junk for quite a ways before we get to our designated site.  Or could this be the man's decor?

Then I learn that office personnel park their trucks right by the entrance near the highway.















A walk around the park shows nicely groomed level sites on hard packed gravel.

 













The host has assigned us a site at the corner of Main Street and Beaver Dam Lane.  There is a beautiful creek, according to the review of a previous camper, but I don't get to see it or any dams -- or beavers, thankfully.

 











But when I look back from the site where Sweet Georgia Brown is parked, I see a couple of tractors, a mower, and other equipment that the host is using to maintain the campground.  Actually, I am now pleased to see the view of the red barns, set against the dark green trees and partly cloudy sky.  This is a very pleasant stay.

 

Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown,

    and of Walldog and Willie

    Wednesday, August 3, 2022

    

No comments:

Post a Comment