Thursday, August 18, 2022

The Luck of the Irish, and Scottish, and German....

 Day 24 - Sunday, August 7, 2022

Duval's RV Park, Wells ME


My weather report, or observance, is 74 degrees at daylight, which happens at 5a, because we are so far north.  Hmmm...I wonder what it looks like at 4:30.  Could I see shadows of light and dark?  I remember being in Alaska and taking a photo of something outside the boat at 11 pm.  We had just enough light to recognize something.

As we begin our morning walk, we meet Harry and Linda next door to us in the RV Park, and recognize their Boston accent.  They have a travel trailer 'home' that they live in during the summer, but go to Florida for the winters.

Walking by the office of our RV park,  I notice the firewood for sale, with a box on the wall for depositing one's payment.  Honor system; how nice.  A sign says you can use the cart to take the wood to your site, and requests that you bring it right back so others can use it.









Then over to my right I see Sherlock Holmes again, and notice a critter on the ground in front of the box he is standing on.  On the left behind him is possibly a thermometer and barometer, while hanging from the tree is a wind chime that resembles a cow bell.  I rang the bell, but didn't recognize the sound.  Maybe it isn't a cowbell.








For lunch Neel suggests Feile Irish Restaurant on Post Road.  We check out the drink menu, and I have to chuckle at the names of some of the beers.   Here we go with the blueberries again, and I choose Sea Dog Blueberry Beer at 4.7% alcohol.  I'm beginning to learn what all these properties of beer mean.   So, less alcoholic content than most wine.  How about Ommission Blue Gluten Free Beer!  Patrice, Neel and Herb select Battery Steele Flume Lite Session IPA.










I love their Irish wall decor, and each of the four of us claim some Irish heritage.











We say Goodbye to our family, and are sad to see them go, but promise to visit them in Boston next weekend.


Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown,

   and of Walldog and Willie

   Sunday, August 7, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment