Sunday, June 26, 2011

Days 42 - 44 - Anacortes (Skyline) WA - Monday - Wednesday, June 20 - 22, 2011



We spend the next two days making plans and get an appointment for Wednesday to have bottom paint put on Willie's Tug at North Island Boat, Skyline Marina, in Anacortes.


Unfortunately, it is a windy morning on Wednesday, so Herb leaves Cap Sante very early before the winds pick up any more.  


I see him off, then drive the truck over with Jake to catch the lines as he docks at Skyline to await his haul out.  The trip is without incident, and docking goes smoothly, even though I worry about the bit of current he will encounter just as he approaches the dock.


The lift employee instructs me to toss in the fenders (before I think I should) and he (with my 'help') walks the boat around the temporary docking to the slip for the sling haul out.    I think he has done this a time or two, as Willie's Tug never bumps the dock and heads straight into the slip.  It is amazing to watch him and the lift operator work together.  


And up comes Willie's Tug.










Next thing is to power wash the hull, and we are surprised to find it was not very bad.  I suppose the frequent trips through the water keep the uglies off.


Herb has been cleaning what he could reach with his brush as we have been docked, but he now enjoys seeing it done by someone else.


His comment is, "What?  Me work?"


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and Walldog, Willie and Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment