Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 51 - Anacortes WA - Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I spend most of a day rearranging my storage shelves and cupboards to accommodate the recent household purchases I have made.  This is like playing house -- or Susie Homemaker.    ......or playing boat?


Herb installs a shelf we got from Fisheries' and I load it with the dinnerware and flatware we got from West Marine.  I display a salad plate, Black Compass.  It also has a slot for his olive oil bottle on the left. 


What fun!








Then the real fun part is making the flower arrangement for the window shelf.  Nita and I had shopped for the flowers, with the exception of the yellow rose, which was given to me by Granddaughter Stephanie many years ago.


The yellow wine glass came from Brownsville TX (remember this, Tina?)  The wine bottle is a souvenir of Bob and Nita's 'Welcome Back' gift to Herb and me last month.  It was a great wine!


A few of my favorite things




Oh, and Nita also gave me the cup towel on the left,  with the crabs pattern, and she made the one on the right, stitching the crab chef on her magic sewing machine.


I also make time to go to Red Salon for a hair trim and style.  When Carinna, the stylist runs my credit card, I notice she is using her phone for the credit card machine.  I am definitely amazed, as I have not seen that before.  


Why did I not bring my camera -- then I remember I have a smart phone, but not as smart as hers -- and I take a picture.  The device is very small and plugged into the top of her phone. 


She eMails the receipt to me, and I see an ad for purchasing the device for my use.  I hope Herb doesn't read this.


Carinna

Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and Walldog, Willie and Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment