Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 69 - Anacortes WA - Sunday, September 5, 2010

Christ Episcopal Church and Parish Hall, Anacortes

After church it's back to Randy's Pier 61 for our last chance at their Sunday brunch for this trip.  This time I have my camera, and luck is with me -- we are early and have a chance to photograph the dessert table.  It is the chocolate fountain that gets my attention and makes me race to get the camera before diners begin to fill the room.  Well, aromas don't photograph well;  you just have to enjoy them at the moment.



This is when a man asks me if I like the looks of the desserts his daughter makes.  He is Randy of Randy's Pier 61, and his daughter Tiffany is the dessert maker.

  She was our waitress last Sunday and tells me today that her family owns the restaurant.  Also working there are her sister and brother.  You can see the family resemblance.

Tiffany



One person at their table tells me I should be sure to try the Key Lime pie; I do, and it is wonderful!  I do not limit myself to pie, though.






As we look around our dining room, we are happy to see MV Cade Candies and realize that she has been put into the water.  With tongue in cheek, Dick the president of Dakota Creek had told us that he knows she will float because the scale model does.

MV Cade Candies


Salad Bar








Whale Mural at Randy's Pier 61

Willie of Walldog, Willie and Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment