Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lazy Day with Brisk Walk -- Wednesday, 7/3/2013 -- Day 54

Today's walk about takes us back into the village to visit shops and art galleries.  However, some of the most beautiful art is in the indigenous wild flowers along the road.

















A sign in front of a bookstore catches my eye:  


"Who is the only woman ever to lie in honor in the Rotunda of the US Capitol?"

a.  Susan B. Anthony
b.  Eleanor Roosevelt
c.  Rosa Parks

I think for a moment, then walk into the store to ask the answer.  The clerk invites me to guess.  Well, OK, and I think for another moment, then guess.

"You are right!"  she says and offers me to pick a candy from the candy dish.  I choose chocolate.

Another example of the hospitality of Lopez Island is the Good Doggie Watering Hole, a plastic tub water dish for dogs strolling along the highway on the long walk back to the marina.  A note asks to keep the lid on when not in use.


















In sight of the marina, we search for our Ranger Tugs, and think we see Moondance on the breakwater.















By late afternoon it becomes quite breezy with a bit of chop on the water.  Vicki and I grab warm wraps; mine is one of Bruce's vests that is too large for him.


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Wednesday, July 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment