Thursday, July 25, 2013

Laundry Room Story (or Adventuress again) -- Saturday, 7/20/2013 -- Day 71

I have a couple of loads of laundry to do, so head up to the laundry room and luckily find all three washers available.  As I load the first one, two people arrive pushing a dock cart with many, many laundry bags needing the other two washers.  The lady, whom I now know as Betsy, asks if I am using them.  I do have another load, but seeing what they are faced with, I yield and tell them I can come back later for my second.

With Betsy is Lennard, both crew members for the ship Adventuress, whom we saw on the water last year.  They have just completed the six day Road Scholar Intergenerational Voyage with children and their grandparents, and are doing laundry for the entire crew, who are back on the ship deep cleaning for the next cruise to begin tomorrow.  As Betsy says, "It will be ship-shape."



When I get my laundry into the dryer, I have time to walk to the other side of the marina for a photo of Adventuress.  Oh, there is a boat docked next to her and blocking a good view, and to get any better photo, I would have to be in the water.  I did not bring my life jacket and the water is too cold for swimming (for me).



Click here for more information on Adventuress, her educational programs, and wonderful experiences on the water.  She is based at Cap Sante in Anacortes this year, so we will see her often.

Photo taken from Willie's Tug in 2012


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Saturday, July 20, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment