Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Still Not Out of Texas! -- Friday, May 19, 2017

This year I really wanted to take a road trip to leisurely come and go, to see again scenery we saw years ago on a trip in the motor home.  So Herb cancels our flight (which we can use later) and we load everything but the kitchen sink into the BMW.  Auto, not motorcycle.

"Willie, you are bringing too much stuff."  (I probably am.) 

So on the road again this morning, nearing Wichita Falls TX we do run through the rainstorm we had seen west of Ft. Worth yesterday.  The clouds are scattered by the winds, giving us intermittent rain, but we are soon on the sunny side of the system.



I told myself I would not take a lot of photos this year, because then I would have to write a blogpost.  Isn't that the 'rule?'  However, some scenes just need to be photographed. 

So I behave myself and take no other photos on today's travel westward, but when we get to Amarillo TX, I see what reminds me of a cruise with some boating friends years ago, where we went ashore for a hike and visited Ole Man Conover's truck.  It was abandoned, rusty, and our friends' tradition was to have a photo taken inside it.  Others hopped into the bed of the truck, but as I stepped up onto the bumper, that last vibration caused the tailgate to fall -- onto my foot. Ouch, that hurt.

Today I don't go near this truck.



Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Friday, May 19, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment