Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sitka's Boats and Eagles -- 7/18/2017

In a light mist of precip we take a long walk early in the day -- just in case it rains harder later!  Herb explores the north coast and finds this eagle near yesterday's puddle and thinks he is watching for fish to jump in the Sound.



Fluffy white clouds roll in during the afternoon, leaving a few areas of blue sky for a bit of brighter daylight and we watch the boats we love so much as they depart the harbor.

"April L" fishing boat

"Middleton" purse seiner 
With nets piled up, the purse seiner Middleton is ready to receive her net tender, driven by one of the crew.  One of the three others in the cockpit reaches down to attach the tender, so it can be lifted by the crane onto the back of the vessel.  Zooming in, I see one lady sharing the workload.

I have a desire when I grow up to do an internship on a fishing boat.




At 9:15P Sitka still has lots of daylight and I can see my eagles on the masts in the marina -- they are everywhere -- marina and trees on shore.  They sing to me, they watch over me, and they give the wind speed report, noted by the ruffling of their feathers.


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Saturday, July 18, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment