Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Days 47 and 48 - Anacortes WA - Saturday and Sunday, August 14 and 15, 2010

We search the web for an Episcopal church in the area, and find Christ Episcopal on 7th Street here in Anacortes, with the Eucharist beginning at 10:30 AM.  On Sunday morning when we arrive, we hear someone say, "Where's my sunscreen?" and are surprised to find out that the service today is the annual 'Mass in the Grass,' held in the yard next to the church and Parish Hall.  We do see some shade trees.  Good!






The service music is provided by a group named Steadfast, who are members of various churches, and is so wonderful that I am wishing I had a recording.  Some of the songs are written by members of the group.  It is announced that a barbecue will follow the outdoor service and we are -- of course -- invited.  Good!  Again.


This is another one of those days that I wish I had my camera -- but wait -- I see someone taking pictures, and I ask him (Dale) to send some to me.  He does -- a good 'save.'


During lunch we meet several members of the church and have a nice visit.  Herb and I agree that we will visit this church again.


Then home again for a lazy afternoon.


Willie of Walldog, Willie and Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment