Friday, August 20, 2010

Day Forty-two - Anacortes WA - Monday, August 9, 2010

I am fascinated with the tides in Fidalgo Bay.  I see a weathered log at low tide, and again at high tide.  I am told the water varies about nine feet -- from a minus 2 to over 7 -- each day.


We get the low tide pix in the morning, and walk the Thompson Trail again in the evening to get the high tide pix.


(It takes so little to make me happy.) 


Patrice Phillips at Bay of Fundy




This can not compare to Patrice's photo of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia where she is demonstrating a variance of 14 feet.  In some places that bay changes 55 feet in a day.  


The scale above and just to the right of Patrice reads 10 feet at the lower end, and 14 feet at the top of the wall.




.............and we contemplate the moon..................................




I wonder about a seagull that flies by at low tide with a rock in his mouth, then as I get closer I see him drop it only to pick it up again and escape to sit near the water.   He is eating from it!  


Oh, it is not a rock!  It is a clam that he dropped onto a rock to break open!


Smart gull!


Willie of Walldog, Willie and Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment