Monday, September 19, 2022

A Vist to Oak Island

Day 45 - Sunday, August 28, 2022

Carrollwoods RV Campground and Vineyard, Tabor City NC


It's quite warm, 71 degrees, and humid early this morning when Herb and I take a walk around the campground.  Yes, it's foggy also.  You would think our home for the next two weeks is in a swamp.









Our walk takes us past the campground's laundry room and beyond to the entrance gate, where we see a sign for the vineyard, which is located near the front of the lot across from the main check-in building.  I love the humorous name of the vineyard, "Grapeful Sisters," and I will write more on the nearby winery later.













Returning to our site in the trees, Herb points out the spider webs that show up when moisture is on them.  He laughs as he warns me not to walk between these two shrubs.









I call myself a tree person, because I simply love to look at different trees, the trunks and bark, the leaves, the shape of the tree.  It reminds me of the poem by Joyce Kilmer, "Trees."    "I think that I shall never see...."

At the bottom of this tree is evidence that a critter also liked the tree.












We plug into the GPS the Oak Island address of Kenny's sister, Amy, where he will be today.  Being Sunday, he takes a day off from building his house in Shallotte.  Oak Island is a beach town on the coast of North Carolina and is separated from the mainland by the Intracoastal Waterway.  I take a quick photo of the water as we cross the bridge.









It is great to see Kenny again, and to meet Amy and her dogs.  Kenny has a small dog named 'Little,' who climbs up into my lap as soon as I sit down.  Dogs always know who the 'good guys' are.  He also has a larger one named Maggie, and Amy has a dog who is named Lolly.  Little is pictured below.






Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown,
   and of Walldog and Willie
   Sunday, August 28, 2022
   

No comments:

Post a Comment