Friday, August 14, 2020

The Best Pizza Ever!

 Day 6 - August 1, 2019 - Long Island NY to Boston MA 

After picking up Patrice from her Long Island office around noon, we backtrack a bit, and go through the Bronx to find the shortest way to Connecticut.  She has the luxury of continuing some of her work -- reports maybe -- as we drive away.

She gets her laptop out of her briefcase and when I see her smiling, I think to myself that she is really 'enjoying her work.'

Interrupting her to ask for a recommendation for lunch, she says if we can wait a bit, we will soon come to one of her favorite restaurants, Frank Pepe's Pizza in New Haven CT.  At the thought of pizza, I feel even more hungry than I was.  We say, "Sure," as we trust her judgement.  After all, she travels the area quite often.  

As we get near the restaurant, we go through Little Italy, and my heart begins to beat more rapidly -- Italy has a special place in my heart.  She says there are two Frank Pepe restaurants in town, and she prefers the Original.  

                                The Original Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana

I just love the menu cover, which tells us that Frank, a very handsome fellow, was passionate about pizza.  That's a great testimonial for me.

Turning to the inside, I like the selections even more. As we wait for our lunch to be served, we enjoy an adult beverage.  





From Connecticut, we soon come to Massachusetts, and when I see the highway sign for Framingham, I am beyond excited. I immediately think of Sheryl, Rudy, Patti, Nancy, Lee, John, LaDarla, Lisann, and Adrian, just a few of my former co-workers who have read the Framingham Study.  I worked for the best company ever!  

We have arrived!  To Boston!  And we pass Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox.  Since 1912, it has been the home of this baseball team, and the city's American League baseball team.  The stadium was built in 1912 and rebuilt in 1934.

 Willie of Sweet Caroline,
            and of Walldog and Willie
            Thursday, August 1, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment