Thursday, August 6, 2020

A Trip Through New York

Days 5 and 6 - July 31 and Aug 1 - Ramsey NJ to Long Island NY

Leaving Ramsey we see lots of scenery that excites me, and before I know it, we are in the state of New York. A Costco sign gets my attention.  Herb takes a photo of me to send to our Seattle friend, Craig, who is with Costco.
Somehow while photographing the scenery, I miss a highway sign that says, "Welcome to New York."  Or was there one?  Maybe we aren't there yet....

So it takes me by surprise when I began seeing yellow license plates.  On close examination, I see that the state is New York!   So we must be close.

Oh, great!  We will soon see Patrice and Neel.

We go through the town of West Nyack, and come to the Gov. Mario Cuomo bridge, which crosses the Hudson River.  

I love the name of another bridge, Throgs Neck Bridge, which crosses the East River and brings us through The Bronx and eventually to Long Island.  

Five days of road dust gets removed when we stop for a  carwash, so Patrice doesn't have to ride in a dirty car.  (Smiles)
Continuing on, I am fascinated by the apartment buildings that are built above a tunnel, and the next photo shows traffic in the tunnel.


At long last, we near Long Island, where we meet Patrice at her New York office.  She would have taken a plane home, but this lets us begin our visit sooner.
                                                                               Patrice, the Working Girl 
   
    Willie of Sweet Caroline,
            and of Walldog and Willie
            Thursday, August 1, 2019
            


No comments:

Post a Comment