Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Fun Cruise to Friday Harbor -- 3/31/2014

The wicked winds die down after the week end and we take Willie's Tug for a pleasant cruise to Friday Harbor, casting off at 7:50A in flat calm waters.  Winds are 10 knots and skipper throttles back for economy at 4; we get a push due to 2-3 knot current.  A few fishing boats also go out, including our neighbors Dave and Chris with their crab traps.











The Guemes Ferry leaves the Fidalgo dock, and we turn to port to give her plenty of room to cross in front.











We see the Washington State Ferry, Kaleetan, come from Lopez Point heading south.


As we get closer to Friday Harbor we see the Hyak and Chelan 'like ships passing in the night.'


Nearing Friday Harbor, we call the Harbormaster for a space to visit for a few hours and are told we are in luck and can tie up at our favorite place on Breakwater B, behind the Customs Dock.  From here you can see all the boats coming and going.

To get this photo of Willie's Tug, I walk the long dock toward land, then east to the guest docks for a good view.

Find Willie's Tug....


The Ranger Tugs are such a different look, and even when one is far in the distance, I seem to recognize her right away.  I watch as she gets closer to see if I know who she is.  Finally I see Dauntless!  We speak, but are not close enough to have a good conversation.  Nevertheless, it is good to see friends.













As I continue to walk about, I look toward W-Dock, at the slip where Wild Blue was last Summer.  I cannot believe there is a blue hull C-Dory there.  NOT Wild Blue, so I take some photos and send to Jim and Joan to say I think of them.  I look forward to the Summer when we are all back here together.


Wild Blue, where are you?

NOT Wild blue














After lunch we head back to Cap Sante to pack our luggage for the flight back to Port Isabel tomorrow.  We see two favorite things -- another ferry and the beautiful snow-capped mountain range with Mt. Baker.


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Monday, March 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment