Saturday, March 25, 2017

Good News and Other News -- Tuesday, February 7, 2017

There's always news; there's always good news and bad news -- or shall I say good news and 'other news.' 

The other news this morning is that we must leave our friends in the PNW to catch our flight back to Houston.  We arrive at SeaTac for checking our bags and Herb says, "I think it is best to do it curbside for a small fee."

"But, Herb, it is cold out here!"

So he takes me to the door for departures and shows me the long line.  I look at the length of it and agree we should check the bags outside.  Herb wears his warm cap and I have quite a few layers, as well as hat, scarf and gloves.














As our plane taxies down the runway, we look out the window to see snowflakes still floating down from the gray skies above.  There is a hint of some blue sky and I search for something glistening on the ground, but fear we may not see the sun until we are high above the clouds.  Ah, the blanket of snow is so beautiful, and I am happy to enjoy seeing it from the warm cabin of the plane.

I now settle back to see how many pages of my book I can read before falling asleep. 















Several hours and pages later, we are cruising down Houston freeways in an Uber truck -- yes, this is Texas.  Because of the time zone we are now in, we get to see an incredible sunset upon our arrival.  The yellows and pinks are reflected in one of the tall buildings in our west window view.

So, what is the good news?  This flaming ball of fire warms our great room, such that we have not had to turn on our heating system all Winter.  

Air conditioning?  Yes!

Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Tuesday, February 7, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment