Thursday, February 3, 2022

Sweet Georgia Brown -- Almost There!

 Day 5 - Thursday, Dec. 9, 2021

Yay! Yay!

Today's the Day!

The day that some of the shades have been manufactured and are ready to be installed.  The first order of the day is for me to clear our tables of anything that would be in the way of the installation.  This includes the sentimental photo of Herb and myself, along with silk flowers that we had in our boat, Willie's Tug.








I really don't have a problem with the blinds we have on the side windows, but I think they should all match the new windshield shades -- that we really do need!  At 9:30a Brian comes with an armload of blankets to protect our freshly vacuumed and shampooed carpet, carefully spreading them and placing his tools on top.








He then pulls out the television above the dash for access to connect to wiring under the dash that will control operation of the windshield shades.  The first photo shows the television pulled aside, then the next one shows Brian working in a small space, and lying on his side in front of the driver's chair.  



What a day!!!  It takes all day to install the motor for the windshield shades.  I love seeing them being raised and lowered by pushing a button, as Brian tests his work. He smiles after he completes his workday, and promises the project will be completed by Friday afternoon.

The next photo shows the opaque nighttime shade partially lowered, the daytime shade partially lowered -- and our black Jeep parked outside in front of Sweet Georgia Brown.


My test is to lower only the day shade, which allows us to see outside, but no-one can see anything inside, then I go outside to take a photo of the windshield.  Herb is standing inside waving to me, but all I can see is a reflection of the sky and the MCD building behind me.  Thank you Brian, and MCD Innovations!



Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown,

   and of Walldog and Willie

   December 9, 2021


1 comment: