Friday, September 10, 2021

It's All About Fishing!

Day 30 -- August 28, 2021

Our next stop on the way back to Texas is at Navarrro Mills Lake, which is northeast of Waco and southwest of Gun Barrel City.   We choose a campsite not far from the shore of the lake where we can see the fishing pier extend out over the water.  Herb (seen at the right of the center photo) takes a walk to see what he can see; then I go out only one time, because it is scary to me.








Today I take my early morning walk on the roads around the campground and notice that this area is much different from yesterday's camp at Lake Waco.  Joyce Kilmer wrote the poem, "Trees," the first stanza of which is "I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree."

I agree.  

There have been pecan trees on several properties Herb and I have owned, and I can very well identify the leaves I have raked.  Here I see pecans green in the shell, and I long to come back in November to see how they have ripened.










Late in the afternoon when the temperature cools a bit, different groups of people arrive to fish.  Some set their ice chests on the ground and fish from the bank.  Another group chooses the fishing pier.   We hope they fill their ice chests.


Willie of Sweet Georgia Brown   

and of Walldog and Willie

 August 28, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment