Sunday, September 3, 2017

Willie is the Winner! -- Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Sometimes we get lucky.

At the Seattle Boat Show in January I sign up for a drawing to win a month's free moorage at Foss Harbor Marina in Tacoma.  As I visit their booth, I ask "Where is Foss Harbor?  My friends and I always stay at Dock Street Marina."  I was told the location, and then remember seeing the name of the marina as we cruised the Foss Waterway to and from Dock Street.  "Yes, I will sign up for the drawing."

So imagine my surprise when I get a phone call in a few days to let me know I am the lucky winner! Wow!  I am so excited, especially when I realize that it is not too far from SeaTac Airport.  I ask if I might have my month start and end in consecutive months -- August 15 to September 15, so that Herb and I could take public transportation to SeaTac to fly home to Houston and attend our granddaughter Stephanie's wedding to Marcus.  

Sure, I am told.  There's no problem with the dates.  So on Tuesday, August 15, we cruise out of Lake Union through the Locks and into the salty Puget Sound.  Bruce and Vicki on our sister ship, Moon Shadow, join us hoping to make a stopover at Blake Island, but the marina looks full, with a few boats tied to pilings waiting for someone to vacate a slip.

Tacoma is not too far away, so we head on down the Sound.  Foss Harbor welcomes us and we settle into our slip for a nice vacation.  There is much to see and do in Tacoma, and we do quite a bit of walking.  The photo below is taken from the historical draw bridge, which is about halfway between the two marinas.   Without my Nikon for a great zoom, I aim in the direction of Willie's Tug. It's tough, but I really can see her.

Find Willie's Tug....


Found Willie's Tug....

Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Wednesday, August 16, 2017



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Did you see the electrical meter in the photo? I will let you know what price I pay for the power, once we disconnect! I may ask you for a loan! LOL

      Delete