Sunday, February 26, 2017

Tasting Uncorked Wine at the Seattle Boat Show -- Friday, January 27, 2017

When I hear the word, uncorked, I immediately think of my host about to pour a glass of wine for me.  That is exactly what happens at the opening day of the Seattle Boat Show. Doors open at 11A for viewing boats and visiting dealers, and at 5P corks pop off.  

But first, Willie's Tug is invited to a different slip at the Selene dock on Lake Union -- the better to see the sunrises and sunsets.  Since we did not take her out cruising last Summer, I worry that I have forgotten most of the navigation I once knew.  However, my captain slips right into the helm seat and backs the boat into the new slip.




Then on to the Boat Show, tasting stations are set up at strategic locations throughout the indoor location in CenturyLink Field.  This allows guests to sample a variety of award winning Washington and California wines -- both red and white.  

Herb and I make note of our favorites to guide future purchases.  Waiters visit the queues to serve hors d'oeuvres.  We may not need to go to dinner after the event.

After making our way to all stations, we return to our choice, Firesteed Cellars' 2013 Oregon Pinot Noir.  No, we did not empty all these bottles, but did sample from -- again, our choice -- a stemless wine glass seen in the photo below.

This link is to the Firesteed website, and I copy its description of this wine:  "Lively and expressive, this wine's aromas of raspberry, cinnamon, blueberry, and flavors of cocoa powder and Rainier cherry, encourage second sip before flowing into the soft, lingering finish."

Find Willie's wine glass....


Willie of Willie's Tug,
   and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
   Friday, January 27, 2017


2 comments: