Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My Team Wins the Super Bowl Championship! -- Sunday, February 5, 2017

Years ago Herb and I never watched the Super Bowl because we didn't follow a team, but when we got invited to a Super Bowl party, we said, "Party?  Sure!"

I don't know if I saw any of the plays, but we did a lot of visiting and watching of commercials.

We were hooked!

We still don't follow any teams (except the Seahawks), but when I heard the Patriots were going to play, I knew I would have a great interest in the game.   The Pats are daughter Patrice's favorite team.

So when Bruce and Vicki invite us to watch the game with them, we call Mr. Uber to take us to their home, where we will meet our Facebook friends Jason and Susan in person for the first time.  Bruce says we need to pick a team to root for, and of course, mine is the Patriots.  Susan and Jason take the Pats, as well, Bruce opts for the Falcons, and to even it up, Herb also chooses the Falcons. 

It is a lively afternoon with many cheers -- oh No's -- and Yes!  I do see a few commercials, but mainly use that time and the time outs for hurrying to sample the tasty snacks our hosts had prepared.  For two and a half quarters of the game I fear the worst for my team as the Falcons lead 28-3, but Tom Brady seems to come alive finally. 

The game is soon tied 28-28 with 57 seconds left.  No one scores in this last minute.

My heart rate is pretty high, now.  And I think the neighbors hear me cheer as New England scores in overtime to win the Championship 34-28.

Oh, did I mention we sipped Bruce's delicious rum punch during the game?  He improvised on Jamie's punch recipe from the bar tending class we attended a couple of weeks earlier.

Find the frozen blueberries breaking off the floating ice block of citrus....


Willie of Willie's Tug,
     and of Walldog, Willie and Jake
     Sunday, Februarya 5, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment